Am I Listening?
Today in class we continued the discussion on knowing God's will and the ways he communicates it to us. Holli told about a few months ago when she and Kimberly were creating the beautiful artwork for Reflecting Christ and how they made all their plans to do a certain design but could not seem to do the work. For weeks, every time they would get out their supplies ready to begin, they would both feel they should wait. Finally Holli sketched a new design, the profile of Christ, and they both felt God led their hands and minds to complete the beautiful collage.
We ran out of time before I could tell my story from about 20 years ago. It was such a faith builder. I was driving home in Rockwall with the van full of four small children. For some reason I turned and headed home a different way and passed by Norma's house. I thought I should stop and say hello, but knew it would be really hard for her to have four preschoolers in her home. I had never dropped by her house before, but decided I would just stay for a minute. I got all the kids out of the van and we trooped up to her door. We rang the bell and she opened the door and immediately burst into tears. I couldn't imagine why we were getting such a reaction. Through her tears she said that she had gotten really terrible news that morning and didn't know if she should talk to anyone about it and had been praying that I would call if she should talk to me. She couldn't believe it when I showed up at her front door. I didn't hear any voice telling me to stop. At the time it never even entered my mind that God could be whispering to me. But oh how my faith was strengthened when I realized that he responded to her prayers by sending me to her door.
I love the verses in Isaiah 30 that we studied today:
The LORD longs to be gracious to you;
He rises to show you compassion....
Whether you turn to the right or to the left,
your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying,
"This is the way; walk in it."
Help me, LORD, to walk in your way, and to listen to your voice.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home