My Head is Spinning
I logged onto John Piper's website this afternoon and listened to part of a sermon. He was talking about the all encompassing power of God and made statements like God is over the roll of every dice in Las Vegas and over every spin of the game you play in your living room. When does God decide that a certain event or request is big enough for his attention? Is he really controlling every spin at a table in Las Vegas? People have told me before that it's wrong to pray for a parking space because minor details like that shouldn't concern God... what does concern God??? If I am to pray without ceasing shouldn't I consider everything within his jurisdiction and control? Yet in James he says we don't get what we ask for because we either don't ask or we ask with wrong motivies for our own pleasures. Food for thought....
John also asked what is 10 percent of eternity. As I began to think about breaking it up into centuries, John answered "eternity." No matter how you break up eternity, you still get chunks of eternity. I think God is just so much bigger than my mind can comprehend.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home