Robin Redbreast
"Take Notes!!" These are words from Luci Swindoll in her book, "I Married Adventure." She reminds me how much I value blogging -- taking notes -- noticing the things in my day that make a difference -- that make my life an adventure!
I came out of the house with the dog one morning to find the yard covered with robins! What a surprise! I had never seen a robin in Florida in the 16 years we've lived here. Their chests were so vibrantly rust colored as they strutted through our yard. Steve later saw an article telling how it has been exceptionally cold up north, so the robins came farther south than usual. But it turns out that the robins' favorite food is strawberries - and the Florida berries were ripe for the picking. So they have about wiped out the crop.
Isn't it amazing how God instills birds with their knowledge to migrate -- and even to have a favorite food!! I'm still enjoying seeing the robins...there are usually a few out every morning now. And I'm particularly glad to live in the WARM climate they've migrated to.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home