Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Wilma


When Hurricane Wilma came through we kept my brother's pets while he evacuated to a hotel. We had a sweet little cockapoo puppy, Buster, who was featherlite and loved to be held, a baby parrot who would squawk loudly any time we went near him, a very large guinea pig who ate carrots from my fingers, and a short haired hamster who buried himself in the straw during the day and ran in his wheel all night.

After all the very cold rain and wind Monday as the hurricane passed over Florida, it was great to see blue sky on Tuesday. Okely and I were driving to work, and as the sun came out, suddenly we could see all the dirt on the windshield. I commented, "Everything looks clean until the sun shines on it." And I realized that is how our lives are. When the light of the Son shines on me, the dirty parts in me are suddenly illuminated. I need a good window washing by the living waters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home