Wednesday, June 30, 2004

What's that sign?

It's amazing how often I see something that reminds me to pray for a particular person. My theory is that the Holy Spirit works within me, reminding me, when someone particularly needs prayer. I might see a sign or hear a commercial or anything that contains a word or phrase that connects me to a person.

A friend of mine was having a rough week and as she drove home one day the words on the license plate in front of her said JUNE 19. She had never seen a date on a license plate before, so she knew immediately it was a message to her since that was her anniversary, so she turned her negative thoughts to counting her blessings and praising God all the way home. As she came in the door, she told her husband she had seen a license plate with their anniversary on it, June 19. He said, "We were married on the 18th." She laughed and laughed, but knew still it was a message from God because it DID make her change her thoughts and pray.

Yesterday I had a very direct hint. Matt Boden, the UCF Campus Minister, was working on the computer in the office and told me he was reading an email from a friend and it said, "Please pray for Mike Darling for he is giving his time to help us." Matt asked if that could be my son. Since his friend was in Missouri, I said it couldn't be, but I knew it was a message from God to me to pray for Mike.

I love to watch for God's nudges and reminders to me... may my eyes and heart be open to his Spirit's work in me.

2 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Blogger Sara said...

I was just thinking about the same thing as I was in the shower this morning because of thought of a sweet girl in Greece popped in my mind for what seemed to be no apparent reason. But then I got to thinking that maybe, just maybe it was a nudging to pray for her. Thanks for praying for Mike yesterday. I have been pretty concerned about his legs. It is just very abnormal. Thankfully, the swelling has gone down some. We love you and can't wait to spend a few days together.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Well said mom. I told you that blogs begin to appear everywhere. It's like we have our blog lens on or something. I'm glad for us our blog lenses provide us with images and portraits of what it means to live life with and for God. Thank you for blessing me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home