Friday, June 18, 2004

Food for Thought

Steve heard two interesting facts yesterday on WDBO radio:

One: 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon a day will significantly lower cholesterol. Wow! I'm starting to use cinnamon in the morning. Here's a website article on it. (On the site, scroll down to see it.)

Two: People who like bland foods (like me) have more taste buds on their tongues. They can taste a lot more flavors and are more sensitive to bitter or strong spices. So the people with fewer taste buds add hot sauce and spices to be able to taste more flavor. This made me particularly happy because my husband is always trying to add spices to my food, and now I have a reason why I really prefer food plainer. It's not "all in my head" -- it's on the "tip of my tongue."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home